ZipTax Redding
Experience Matters!

Tax Questions

Thinking of Ways to Enjoy Your Tax Refund?

Frequently Asked Tax Questions

Here are some answers to some frequently asked tax questions. If you don't find the answers to your questions here, our office will be happy to assist you.


How do I pay my tax bill?

The IRS and state taxing agencies will allow you to pay your bill with direct debit of your bank account, personal check, or money order. You may also pay with a credit card, but fees will apply. Ask your tax professional for more information on paying any balance due.

How do I check on the status of my refund?

You can check the status of your refund by calling 1-800-829-1040 or visit the IRS website at  For California state refund information please call 1-800-338-0505 or visit the FTB website at

Refunds Via Bank Product

If you elected to receive your refund check in our office please call 1-888-875-8372 or call our offices directly at 530-223-3748 or 530-378-5665.

What does it cost?

ZipTax is dedicated to keeping the cost of professional tax preparation as low as possible. ZipTax offers professional tax preparation with fees starting at $85.00. We also offer a meet or beat guarantee* so you can be sure you’re not paying any more than you need too. ZipTax also offer a variety of discounts including 10% off for military members & seniors.

How do I pay for my tax preparation?

ZipTax offers several payment methods including cash, check, debit card, Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express.

ZipTax also offers bank options thru Refund Advantage that will allow you to take the cost of your preparation directly out of your tax refund. Please call us directly for more information on banking fees and requirements.

What happens if I owe back taxes?

If you owe back taxes your refund will be delayed. The IRS or state taxing agency will remove any taxes you owe from your refund before issuing you a refund check.

Ask your professional if you have additional questions.

I owe back child support or other debts; will the IRS take my refund?

The IRS requires that all obligations such as back taxes, child support, and overdue student loans be paid from your refund prior. If you were recently married and your spouse has one of these obligations you may be able to protect your portion of the refund by filing an Injured Spouse form. Ask your tax professional for more information.

Other Websites

Internal Revenue Service:

California Franchise Tax Board: